By: Michigan Wellness Council
Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship 2019
The Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship was established by the Michigan Wellness Council to honor a deserving student who is pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in field of Health Promotion and Wellness at an approved Michigan post-secondary institution. The Scholarship is awarded annually and each recipient may only win once. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the next award will be announced in March of 2019.
“I am passionate about the meaning behind my work
and know that my work is helping others.”
-Theresa Q. | 2016 Scholarship Recipient
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an approved program through an accredited college or university.
- Have plans to utilize their degree in a worksite setting.
- Provide a 200 to 300 word essay on how they can help shape lives using their degree in a worksite health setting.
- Two letters of reference
- 200 to 300 word essay on how you plan to shape lives using your degree in a worksite health setting
- Copy of your current college transcripts
- Contact information (email, phone and mailing address)
- Applicants are to submit their application materials no later than February 1st, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Michigan Wellness Council Scholarship Committee will review the material each applicant submitted.
- The Scholarship Committee will provide the top three candidates to the entire board for final selection.
- The Fred Zimmer Wellness Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the deserving student at the March 2019.
Questions may be emailed to: email@example.com
The MWC is a nonprofit organization whose vision is that the health and wellbeing of Michigan employers will be the best in the nation. We execute on this mission by inspiring the implementation of leading workplace wellness strategies through thought-leadership and education.
Come learn more at one of our events.