By: American Society of Employers
Media Contact: Heather Nezich, Communications Manager, ASE, firstname.lastname@example.org, 248.223.8040
Livonia, Mich. —June 20, 2018 — The American Society of Employers (ASE), one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations, is seeking nominations for ASE’s 2018 Michigan HR Executive of the Year award. The call for nominations was announced by Mary E. Corrado, president and CEO of ASE.
“The HR Executive of the Year award is a coveted honor in Michigan’s HR community,” Corrado said. “We seek to recognize individuals who dedicate their working lives and efforts to become outstanding HR executives in their organization, industry and state. Those recognized have made a significant impact within their organization and the HR industry in Michigan.”
Nominees will be evaluated on their commitment to the HR profession, successes in past/current positions, contributions to the community, impact on the lives of others, and the success of the organization he or she serves. Nominees must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Currently employed as an HR executive
- Is the company’s highest-ranking HR person residing in Michigan
- Has at least 10 years of HR management experience
- Demonstrates consistent proven successes, enthusiasm, and leadership/support of the HR profession
- Applies professional experience both inside and outside his/her organization
A selection committee comprised of ASE board members, past award recipients, and HR executives will review all nominations and select the award winners. A total of four individuals will be recognized in the following categories:
- HR executive of an organization with 1,000 or more Michigan employees
- HR executive of an organization with fewer than 1,000 Michigan employees
- HR executive of a health and human services organization with 500 or more Michigan employees
- HR executive of a health and human services organization with fewer than 500 Michigan employees.
The 2017 honorees were:
- Kris Munroe, HR Director, Roush Enterprises, Inc. – Organizations with over 1,000 Michigan employees
- Julia Kellogg, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, North American Bancard – Organizations with fewer than 1,000 Michigan employees
- Greg Ghilardi, Chief Human Resources Officer, MidMichigan Health – Health and Human Services organizations with 500 or more Michigan employees
- Melissa Peña Gallis, Chief Talent Officer, Leader Dogs for the Blind – Health and Human Services organizations with fewer than 500 Michigan employees
Nominations are being accepted now through July 13, 2018. For additional information or to submit a nomination, please visit https://www.aseonline.org/Conferences-Events/Michigans-HR-Executive-of-the-Year. The 2018 HR Executive of the Year recipients will be honored at an awards ceremony at the Detroit Athletic Club in Detroit on November 8, 2018.
About the American Society of Employers (ASE) – a Centennial Organization
The American Society of Employers (ASE) is a not-for-profit trade association providing people-management information and services to Michigan employers. Since 1902, member organizations have relied on ASE to be their single, cost-effective source for information and support, helping to grow their bottom line by enhancing the effectiveness of their people. Learn more about ASE at www.aseonline.org.