By: Michigan Wellness Council
Limeade, Michigan Wellness Council, Marsh McLennan Agency & Whil present
Creating Mindful Leaders Workshop
When: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST (5pm Cocktail Reception)
Where: Marsh And McLennan, 3331 W Big Beaver Rd, # 200, Troy, MI 48084
Certification: This program is quick, interactive and highly experiential and qualifies for 4 hours of SHRM CE credit and 5.5 HRCI credit.
During this training you will understand the foundational practices for training resilience, mindfulness and emotional intelligence (EQ) skills for yourself, your team and your company. Additionally, upon completion you’ll be invited to become a 2018 Whil Certified Mindful Leader! Specifically, you will be able to:
- Know how to use best practices to launch your own mindfulness training program.
- Implement actionable insights to improve health, performance, relationships and sleep for yourself and your employees.
- Apply the research and science, providing examples that support the many benefits of mindfulness and emotional intelligence training.
- Exercises and create your own healthy habits, while offering best practice examples and “how to’s”.
- Present powerful new skill-building tools and examples aligned to leadership development.
- Present your C-level leadership team with the merits and benefits of mindfulness.
- Describe how these skills apply to different disciplines in the your company.
- Connect with fellow Human Resources, L&D and Executive Leadership professionals in your area.
All attendees will receive Whil’s Mindful Office Starter Kit:
- A free 30 day trial to all of Whil’s digital training programs, including mindfulness, sleep and yoga programs for adults and teens (you’re welcome, parents!) and our famous emotional intelligence and leadership training for managers
- Whil Full Guide The Competitive Advantage of Mindfulness: The Science of Mindfulness Training
- Best Practices Guide: How to Implement Mindfulness Training into Your Wellness Program
- How to Be Mindful, Not Mindless employee handouts
- Mindful Meetings Guide
Joe Burton, Founder and CEO of Whil – Joe is an entrepreneur in the digital wellness space, former president of Headspace, and spent fifteen years as a global COO in public companies. He’s an alumnus of Harvard Business School and a regular contributor to Forbes, Business Insider and The Huffington Post. He’s worked in over 50 countries and travels the world speaking on topics including disruption, culture, resilience and mindfulness. His book Creating Mindful Leaders: How to Power Down, Power Up, and Power Forward comes out in April 2018 with Wiley Publishing.
- Want to save on the cost of MWC events? Renew your MWC membership (or become a member) to get discounts. Are you student? Contact us for student rates.
- Plan ahead and register for our other 2018 events.
Other Workplace Wellness Events
The American Heart Association of Grand Rapids is hosting a West Michigan Wellness Symposium on March 14th. Check out the link for more information and to register…and if you attend, stop by and say hello at our booth that day.
Enjoy your day!
Contact: Rita Patel, Executive Director