Thirty one Plunkett Cooney attorneys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the 24rd edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which lawyers within their own geographic region nominate their peers. These lawyers are not allowed to select nominees from the same area(s) in which they practice. Inclusion in Best Lawyers (Copyright 2017 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC) is considered a singular honor because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed.
In addition to his inclusion on the list this year, Plunkett Cooney attorney David K. Otis is receiving special honors from Best Lawyers. Otis has been named Lansing “Lawyer of the Year” in Municipal Litigation. This designation is given to only a single attorney in each practice area in each community. He has been on the list of The Best Lawyers in America® since 2010.
A member of the firm’s East Lansing office, Otis has represented numerous mid-Michigan municipalities in zoning and land use, employment, civil rights and Whistleblower’s Protection Act litigation. He is a member of the Ingham County Bar Association, the State Bar of Michigan’s Public Corporation, Real Property and Corporations, Finance and Business Law sections and the Business Law and Administrative Law sections of the American Bar Association. He is also a member of the DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar.
Below is a list of additional Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2018 Best Lawyers designation:
Plunkett Cooney’s Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Michael P. Ashcraft (partner) – Legal Malpractice Law
- Douglas C. Bernstein (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- William D. Booth (of counsel) – Personal Injury Litigation. Bill has the distinction of being named to the Best Lawyers list for 30 years.
- Charles W. Browning (partner) – Insurance Law
- Lawrence R. Donaldson (of counsel) – Professional Malpractice Law
- Michael A. Fleming (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Jeffrey C. Gerish (partner) – Appellate Law
- Gregory Gromek (partner) – Personal Injury Litigation
- Robert G. Kamenec (partner) – Appellate Practice
- Mark S. Kopson (partner) – Health Care Law
- David A. Lerner (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Mary Massaron (partner) – Appellate Law
- Saulius K. Mikalonis (senior attorney) – Environmental Law
- Stanley C. Moore, III (of counsel) – Employment and Labor Law Management
- Kenneth C. Newa (partner) – Insurance Law
- Scott H. Sirich (partner) – Construction Law and Litigation
- Thomas P. Vincent (partner) – Commercial Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Columbus, Ohio Best Lawyers:
- Amelia A. Bower (partner) – Real Estate Litigation
- Daniel J. Hurley (senior attorney) – Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation
- Jack S. Levey (senior attorney) – Real Estate Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Detroit, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Jennifer Andreou (partner) – Medical Malpractice Law
- James R. Geroux (partner) – Workers’ Compensation Law
- Laurel F. McGiffert (partner) – Medical Malpractice Law
- Claudia D. Orr (senior attorney) – Employment Law
- Stanley A. Prokop (partner) – Insurance Law
- Mary Catherine Rentz (partner) – Insurance Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Indianapolis, Indiana Best Lawyer:
- Stephen J. Peters (partner) – Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law and Construction Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Kalamazoo, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Michael S. Bogren (partner) – Municipal Law and Litigation
- Keith A. Peterson (senior attorney) – Banking and Finance Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Petoskey, Michigan Best Lawyer:
- Jerome A. Galante (partner) – Personal Injury Litigation
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney employs approximately 140 attorneys in eight Michigan cities; Chicago, Illinois; Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. The firm has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms and is listed among the U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in 2016. Plunkett Cooney has also received numerous awards naming the firm as a top place to work within the legal industry.
For more information about Plunkett Cooney’s 2018 “Best Lawyers in America,” contact the firm’s Director of Marketing and Business Development John Cornwell at (248) 901-4008; email@example.com.