Thirty-one Plunkett Cooney attorneys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the 23rd edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which lawyers within their own geographic region nominate their peers. These lawyers are not allowed to select nominees from the same area(s) in which they practice. Inclusion in Best Lawyers (Copyright 2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC) is considered a singular honor because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed.
In addition to their inclusion on the list this year, Plunkett Cooney attorneys Mary Massaron and Stanley C. Moore, III are receiving special honors from Best Lawyers.
Massaron has been named Detroit “Lawyer of the Year” in Appellate Law. Moore was named Detroit “Lawyer of the Year” in Labor Law – Management. This designation is given to only a single attorney in each practice area in each community. Both Massaron and Moore have been on the list of The Best Lawyers in America® since 2008.
A member of the firm’s Bloomfield Hills office, Massaron served as President of the DRI in 2012 -2013. She is a past chair of the Appellate Practice Section of the State Bar of Michigan, DRI’s Appellate Advocacy Committee, and the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Council of Appellate Lawyers, a division of the Appellate Judges Conference. A member of the prestigious American Academy of Appellate Lawyers, Massaron co-chairs the Michigan Appellate Bench Bar Conference Foundation, an organization of Michigan appellate judges and lawyers. She has an extensive appellate practice on behalf of public and private clients, representing them in state and federal courts around the country.
An of counsel attorney at Plunkett Cooney, which is one of the Midwest’s oldest and largest law firms in Michigan, Moore devotes his practice exclusively to representing management in labor and employment law matters. He has represented both private and public sector employers in all facets of labor and employment law both in union and non-union settings. Moore has also represented healthcare providers in all aspects of state and federal labor and employment law since 1973.
Below is a list of additional Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2017 Best Lawyers designation:
Plunkett Cooney’s Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Michael P. Ashcraft (partner) – Legal Malpractice Law
- Douglas C. Bernstein (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- William D. Booth (of counsel) – Personal Injury Litigation. He has the distinction of being named to the Best Lawyers list for 30 years.
- Charles W. Browning (partner) – Insurance Law
- Lawrence R. Donaldson (of counsel) – Professional Malpractice Law
- Michael A. Fleming (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Jeffrey C. Gerish (partner) – Appellate Law
- Gregory Gromek (partner) – Personal Injury Litigation
- Robert G. Kamenec (partner) – Appellate Practice
- Mark S. Kopson (partner) – Health Care Law
- David A. Lerner (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Saulius K. Mikalonis (senior attorney) – Environmental Law
- Scott H. Sirich (partner) – Construction Law and Litigation
- Thomas P. Vincent (partner) – Commercial Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Columbus, Ohio Best Lawyers:
- Amelia A. Bower (partner) – Real Estate Litigation
- Daniel J. Hurley (senior attorney) – Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation
- Jack S. Levey (senior attorney) – Real Estate Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Detroit, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Loretta M. Ames (senior attorney) – Product Liability Litigation
- Jennifer Andreou (partner) – Medical Malpractice Law
- James R. Geroux (partner) – Workers’ Compensation Law
- Laurel F. McGiffert (partner) – Medical Malpractice Law
- Claudia D. Orr (senior attorney) – Employment Law
- Stanley A. Prokop (partner) – Insurance Law
- Mary Catherine Rentz (partner) – Insurance Law
Plunkett Cooney’s East Lansing, Michigan Best Lawyer:
- David K. Otis (partner) – Municipal Law and Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Indianapolis, Indiana Best Lawyer:
- Stephen J. Peters (partner) – Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law and Construction Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Kalamazoo, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Michael S. Bogren (partner) – Municipal Law and Litigation
- Keith A. Peterson (senior attorney) – Banking and Finance Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Petoskey, Michigan Best Lawyer:
- Jerome A. Galante (partner) – Personal Injury Litigation
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney employs approximately 140 attorneys in nine Michigan cities, Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. The firm has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms and is listed among the U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in 2016. Plunkett Cooney has also received numerous awards naming the firm as a top place to work within the legal industry.
For more information about Plunkett Cooney’s 2017 “Best Lawyers in America,” contact the firm’s Director of Marketing and Business Development John Cornwell at (248) 901-4008; email@example.com.