Contact: Rita Patel
Director, Michigan Wellness Council email@example.com
Troy, MI—March 11, 2015— Through a competitive review process, Carla Roseman has been selected by Michigan Wellness Council to receive the first Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship. Carla is studying at Wayne State University where she is a Health Education major with a concentration in Community Health. She holds that worksite wellness programs have the possibility for lives to be saved through education, resources, encouraging behavioral changes that promote wellness and healthy living.
The Fred Zimmer Worksite Wellness Memorial Scholarship was established by the Michigan Wellness Council to honor a deserving student who is pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in field of Health Promotion and Wellness at an approved Michigan postsecondary institution. The Scholarship is awarded annually and each recipient may only win once. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the next award will be announced in March of 2016.
Minimum criteria to submit an application for this prestigious award include:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a Junior or Senior in an approved program through an accredited college or university.
- Have plans to utilize their degree in a worksite setting.
- Provide a 200 to 300 word essay on how they can help shape lives using their degree in a worksite health setting.
- Two letters of reference
- 200 to 300 word essay on how you plan to shape lives using your degree in a worksite health setting
- Copy of your current college transcripts
- Applicants are to submit their application materials no later than February 1st, 2016.
Send three copies of your application to (include address, email and phone):
Michigan Wellness Council
2125 Butterfield, Ste. 100N
Troy, MI 48084
- The Michigan Wellness Council Scholarship Committee will review the material each applicant submitted.
- The Scholarship Committee will provide the top three candidates to the entire board for final selection.
- The Fred Zimmer Wellness Memorial Scholarship will be presented to the deserving student at the March 2016 Council Meeting. (Meeting information at michiganwellnesscouncil.org)
Questions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fred Zimmer, LLP, LMSW was an active founding board member on the Michigan Wellness Council who gave tirelessly to the field of worksite wellness. He was a graduate of Michigan State and the Center for Humanistic Studies, now known as the Michigan School for Professional Psychology, with degrees in social work and psychology respectively. Michigan Wellness Council mission is to be the pioneer of wellness innovation for the employers and State with the vision to inspire successful integration of wellness best practices in the workplace through access to quality resources and forums.